Browse Items (27 total)

dl_imm_0048.jpg
Peter Michael shares the photos, along with the story, of his Iraqi-American friend Wilsam. Wilsam takes the oath of allegiance and celebrates his citizenship.

dl_imm_0047.png
Peter Michael posts to Facebook a story about his friend, Wilsam. Wilsam is an muslim refugee from Iraq. He is a member of the U.S. military and celebrates is newly gained citizenship.

dl_imm_0047.jpg
Protesters marched for International Workers Day on May Day. They marched from Nicollet and Lake Street in south Minneapolis to Powderhorn Park. The people marched to call for workers' rights and to protest issues such as immigration raids and…

dl_imm_0038.jpg
My grandparents, father, and aunt, ca. 1935. I don't know all the details, but apparently my grandfather spent much of the '20s working construction in the States, and would go back to Italy periodically. I guess Pops was conceived on one of those…

dl_imm_0037.jpg
Isela Garcia, 23, of Little Village, Chicago, came to the United States with her parents when she was nine years old, and spent Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at Chicago's Navy Pier, preparing her application for deferred deportation. Thousands of…

dl_imm_0036.jpg
McBeth's maternal kin.

dl_imm_0035.jpg
This photo of Durdugül, Ercan & Ali was taken on their second day in the United States in 1989. When my sister Durdugül and her family came to the United States they had Bulgarian names in their passports. Later they reclaimed their original…

dl_imm_0033.jpg
My dad with his only living sister/sibling - both immigrated here on their own from China when they were in their teens/early 20's. Coming to America meant they would never see their parents again. It was a heartbreaking price, apparently mutually…

dl_imm_0031.jpg
About 3000 people gathered in Powderhorn Park to stand in solidarity with immigrants and refugees. The protesters spoke against Donald Trump's immigration ban and the increasing militarization at the US-Mexico border. After a brief rally in the park,…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2